The Levites and Types of Saints
Who were the Levites of Moses?
A Levite was a member of the tribe of Levi.
Levi was one the 12 sons of Jacob, who was called Israel.
Moses and his brother Aaron were Levites, who are considered the first priests.
The Lord of Hosts commissioned the Levites, and made a special Covenant with them.
The Levites, were seriously zealous, in protecting the Mosaic Law [God's Law].
Some of the jobs of the Levites included:
Doing construction and maintenance of the Temple [Church].
Serving as guards of the Temple.
Serving as policemen.
Watching over the Temple [Church]
Types of Saints (Saints Should Be Protected Not Abused!)
1. The Martyr Saints: Those who give up their very life for God.
2. The Desert Saints: Those who live lives of silence, solitude, poverty, and prayer.
3. The Monastic Saints: Those who live a life of balance and community living.
4. The Missionary Saints: Those of action, social service, and contemplation.
5. The Mystic Saints: Those who have Divine encounters.
Through mysticism, they celebrate their oneness with Christ, and with God.
Who Were the "Levites" of Jesus?
The 12 Apostles, were like the Levites, they Protected Jesus!
1. Peter [Simon Peter]
2. Andrew [Peter's brother]
3. James [the son of Zebedee]
4. John [brother of James and another son of Zebedee]
7. Thomas [called Didymus]
8. Matthew/Levi [ the tax collector]
9. James [son of Alphaeus]
10. Thaddaeus [Judas, son of James]
11. Simon [ the Zealot]
12. Judas Iscariot [ the Traitor of Jesus]
13. Matthias [ who replaced Judas the Traitor]